Ian Nicholson - 8th March 2012
Between now and the end of the season there will be opportunities to invest in ‘Boost the Budget’ as we look to increase, yet again, the funds available to Garry Hill for the first team squad.
We are targeting another £10,000 for the forthcoming season in addition to the £20,000 per season we are already able to commit. This could be achieved by 50 new contributors, 50 modest increases and the ‘Big Bucket’.
- There will be a BtB table at each home game from Welling onwards where forms can be collected and completed
- ‘Boost the Budget’ forms can also be downloaded from the Cards Trust website or collected from the club shop.
- If you gave a lump sum last year, and are able to, would you please do so again?
- If you live overseas you can now give through email@example.com
- Please contribute generously to the ‘Big Bucket’ on Easter Monday.
- Contact us if you have ideas of your own for fundraising during the season and ‘Boosting the Budget’.
The monthly draws between now and next season have some great prizes
- March: The winner and a guest get 2 seats at the Woking end of season dinner on 5th May
- April: Just in time for summer the prize is a gas barbecue – with thanks to Peter Jordan and Calor Gas
- May – July: A close season special! The winner will get a season ticket for next year. Draw to be made at the end of season dinner.
February’s lucky winner was Paul Morgan who received free entry for himself and guest to a home game plus a team photo signed by the whole squad. Paul comments:-
‘I am a semi-retired solicitor who was born in Woking and it’s good to maintain my connection with the town by supporting Woking FC which I have done for over 20 years. The team has done very well this season and despite a recent dip I believe that there is enough strength there to return to a winning run and end the season on a high. I think Boost the Budget is a great idea which gives the ordinary fan like me a chance to contribute a little extra to support a wonderful club.’
Boost the Budget has been a great success – please do all you can to help us increase our contribution. Many thanks.
PS watch out for another BtB action video next week – what a difference a year makes!