Volunteers are a crucial part of the operation of Woking FC. We have a proud record in how many ways that volunteers help the club. It’s part of what makes Woking FC so special. Members of the Trust board were part of the team that helped to distribute the new “Get behind the Shirt” team shirts to delighted fans on Saturday. Thanks to those that contributed in the red BTB bucket and completed new BTB mandates!
Thanks to Adam Bowyer for this post on Cardsboard.
It’s vital now more than ever that we raise as much money as possible for the football club. Here are some of the ways you can help!
https://www.gofundme.com/f/woking-fc Jodie Selley raising funds for the player budget
https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding … =5Jzjr4X5e Alan Barnes raising money to sponsor a player
https://twitter.com/ben__pxrker Dowse with the help of Ben Parker is selling football memorabilia with proceeds going to the club
https://www.wokingfc.co.uk/commercial/ Player Sponsorship, Advertising etc
BOOST THE BUDGET
The Cards Trust Board thanks all supporters for their contributions in recent seasons which have helped Woking FC have an increased playing budget. Boost the Budget is a straightforward way fans can make a big difference by contributing monthly.
- 300 Boost the Budget monthly contributions of £10 would add £3,000 to the playing fund.
- Many relatively small contributions can make a BIG difference whether by monthly standing order or one off donations and bucket collections.
- The Trust Board are committed to this form of support for Woking FC.
How does BTB work?
- You commit to giving at least £10 per month by standing order to the Cards Trust or donations.
- The Cards Trust uses your donation to buy new Woking FC shares/pay the annual capital contribution on new shares.
- The Club uses the proceeds to boost playing budget.
- There is a quarterly draw for BTB contributors with two tickets to the GC Lounge to the winner
- Last season 2019/20 thanks to supporter’s generosity the Trust contributed close to £30,000 to WFC through Boost the Budget, The 400 Club and £4,000 as WFC’ share of Goldrush sales plus monies raised at a Quiz Night.. A fantastic achievement, thank you!
As fans we want to help take Woking FC forward and are aiming to recruit many more members to Boost the Budget for the coming season . Many fans have been contributing in recent years and helped raise in the region of £220,000.
Please join Boost the Budget by completing a bank Mandate which can be found on the Trust & Club websites. Please complete and return to Rupert Phillips either at the Laithwaite Community Stadium or by email Rupert.email@example.com.
You can download the application form here.
The Goldrush winning ticket for the Barnet game (£376.50 – ticket #77077) was not claimed so, in accordance with the scheme rules, the winnings were put into the Boost the Budget funds.
(Note an earlier version of this article said that the Maidenhead prize of £317.50 was not claimed but this was in error)
Woking Football Club is delighted to announce the launch of #GetBehindTheShirt, an exciting fundraising initiative involving our new kits for next season, which we hope as many fans as possible will be able to get behind.
Next season’s home & away shirts will feature names woven into the fabric, and fans can have their name included for as little as £25! See below for a list of the different ‘Cardinal Red’ packages available for fans to purchase for themselves, or as an ideal birthday / Christmas gift.
Cardinal Red Packages
- £25 – Name woven into the shirt and name appears in our ‘Cardinal Red’ double-page programme feature
- £50 – Name woven into the shirt, name appears in our ‘Cardinal Red’ double-page programme feature and a Cardinals pack is sent out (pen, keyring etc)
- £100 – Name woven into the shirt, name appears in our ‘Cardinal Red’ double-page programme feature and a free home shirt
- £250 – Name woven into the shirt, name appears in our ‘Cardinal Red’ double-page programme feature, a free home shirt, one ticket to VIP Hospitality, a signed home shirt by the squad and management to be presented by the first team manager at your chosen hospitality game
- £500 – Name woven into the shirt, name appears in our ‘Cardinal Red’ double-page programme feature, a free home shirt, a free away shirt, 4 VIP Hospitality tickets for a game of your choice to include 2 car parking spaces, a signed home shirt by the squad and management presented by the first team manager at your chosen hospitality game
- £1,000 – Name woven into the shirt, name appears in our ‘Cardinal Red’ double-page programme feature, a free home shirt, a free away shirt, 10 VIP Hospitality tickets for a game of your choice to include 3 car parking spaces, a tour of the changing rooms and boardroom, a child’s mascot experience (up to 15 years of age and to be taken on the same day as the VIP hospitality) and a signed home shirt by the squad and management presented by the first team manager at your chosen hospitality game.
The Cardinal Collar
Also available are two opportunities to have your name inserted into the inside collar of every Home or Away shirt, as pictured.
- £1,500 – Your name woven into the inside of the AWAY shirt collar (exact positioning subject to character length), 10 tickets to VIP hospitality, including parking at a game of your choice where you will be presented with a framed home shirt signed by the management and playing squad.
- £2,500 – Your name woven into the inside of the HOME shirt collar (exact positioning subject to character length), 10 tickets to VIP hospitality, including parking at a game of your choice where you will be presented with a framed home shirt signed by the management and playing squad.
To purchase any of the above, please visit our online club shop. The closing date will be Sunday 17th May at 5pm, with names submitted to Macron the following week so production can start. Payment plans are available for the £250 and up packages, on the shop page these will be listed at the first instalment price, with the full price also available to pay in one instalment. Terms & conditions and sizing guide can be found on the club shop website.
All VIP Hospitality experiences are subject to availability.
The winning ticket for Goldrush v Maidenhead was # 77077 and was not claimed! If you have the ticket, please visit the Trust office at the ground before the match with Barnet.
At the Stockport County match, the Goldrush prize number was 76129 with a prize of £410.00 which was claimed.
From Alan Barnes
I have five signed footballs that I would like to auction.
One is signed by Charles Mortimore, the others by more recent players such as Lloyd Wye, Darren Hay etc. Anyone interested please put in a bid to Alan Barnes by The Barnet game on February 8th.
They can be viewed by prior arrangement.
All proceeds will go towards Boost the Budget
Alan Barnes firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday’s Goldrush winning ticket was 72713 prize £395.00 which was collected.
Thank you to all who support Goldrush sales.